ETASHA is a Delhi based NGO providing vocational and soft skills training for disadvantaged young Indians. In the short time since our inception in 2006 we at ETASHA have had cause to celebrate many successes:
- We have gone from operating from a small room with a corrugated iron roof to opening two Career Development Centres, dynamic local hubs of learning in low socio-economic communities in Delhi
- In 2009 we trained over 3oo young people, and, with the hard work of our Placement Coordinator, Mini Bhargava, helped place them in jobs with companies such as Fab India, Reliance Retail, Shoppers’ Stop, Cafe Coffee Day and Net Ambit.
- We have seen our reputation as a quality training provider grow, designing and delivering training programs for established organisations such as Don Bosco, CASP-Plan and Butterflies.
- We have taken our Career Highway program nationwide, delivering this innovative program for the state governments of Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- We have caught the attention of acclaimed fashion designer Suneet Varma, who has decidated his 2009/10 winter collection to us, and is holding a fashion show in our benefit in March 2010.
- We have been chosen as the designated charity for 2010 by Barclays Shared Services, NOIDA, who are generously raising funds to give us much needed help with buying equipment.
- In January 2010 we launched our website (www.etashasociety.org) – we would LOVE your feedback on both our site and our video, which the great team at PagedUp (www.pagedup.com) helped us to create.
But most importantly we are proud of the young people we have worked with, young Indians who have worked to change the direction of their lives, who, despite difficult circumstances have striven to make the changes necessary to begin careers in companies that offer them a future. Jobs with safe working conditions, good salaries, training and prospects for the future. Seeing the difference a regular paycheck makes to their families is great reward for us here at ETASHA. So four years on we’re counting our successes……….but this is just the beginning……